"Paul Jackson Pollock was an American painter and a major figure in the abstract expressionist movement. He was widely noticed for his "drip technique" of pouring or splashing liquid household paint onto a horizontal surface, enabling him to view and paint his canvases from all angles.
Jackson Pollock was born in Cody Wyoming. His mother was one of the first people that introduced him to the art world. She was well known as a “fierce” woman with great artistic ambitions. Growing up in a smaller city he was the youngest of five brothers and came from a broken home. Since his father left when he was 8 years old, his oldest brother Charles became a father figure to him. Charles had one of the greatest influences on his Pollock’s artistic career. He too was an artist (known to be the best in the family) and helped Pollock enroll in the Manual Arts High school after they moved to Los Angeles. It is here where Pollock discovered his passion for art. He was expelled twice from the school twice, and eventually dropped out in order to follow his creative pursuits. Being an American born white man he had access to much artistic literacy and being an ‘artist’ was more accepted. At 18 Pollock moved to New York to be with Charles and learned from one of Charles’ teachers. It is here where he became an influential American painter in the abstract expressionist movement."
“Painting is self-discovery.”- Jackson Pollock.
“The modern artist, it seems to me, is working and expressing an inner world - in other words - expressing the energy, the motion, and other inner forces.”- Jackson Pollock.
I have created many Pointillism art several years ago for examples that I created as an art lessons. Pointillism "is a technique of painting in which small, distinct dots of color are applied in patterns to form an image."
I created the above example for an art lesson that I conducted several years ago to demonstrate works that Mr. Pollock created.
I created the above example for an art lesson that I conducted several years ago to demonstrate works that Mr. Pollock created.