Expressive Echoes. Digital art created on canvas. September 18, 2024. Afrika Abney
“From a young age, I started to recognize and develop my unique artistic style, particularly in the realm of visual arts. My inclination gravitated towards abstract expressionism, a movement that resonated deeply with my creative instincts. This genre allowed me to convey my innermost thoughts, ideas, and emotions regarding the world around me, utilizing a rich palette of colors, diverse shapes, varied textures, and dynamic forms to articulate my perspective.”
The domain of artistic expression through visual mediums encompasses a vast array of creative endeavors. This field includes various forms such as painting, sculpture, photography, and digital art, each offering unique ways for artists to convey their thoughts, emotions, and perspectives. Within this vibrant landscape, artists explore different techniques, styles, and materials, pushing the boundaries of what is considered art and inviting viewers to engage with their work on multiple levels.
Painting is a versatile and powerful medium in the visual arts world, allowing artists to express themselves and connect with viewers on a visceral level. It has played a significant role in reflecting culture, society, and humanity's values over time. Papier-mâché sculpture involves creating three-dimensional pieces using paper and adhesive, offering artists a unique way to mold and shape their creations. Photography is a form of storytelling that can transport viewers to different places and times. Abstract digital painting utilizes specialized software tools to push the boundaries of artistic expression, offering a wide range of creative possibilities. The selection of digital platforms and materials is crucial in creating dynamic compositions that evolve during the artistic process. Advancements in technology continue to enhance the tools available to digital artists, pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved in contemporary art.”
When I was a student from the 1980s - 1997, I studied various forms of visual art. Among them include painting, pottery, and photography. The papier mache doll that I created when I was 11 years old, I threw away many years later. Digital art is something that I began creating in 2009.