Afrika Abney Artistry. Digital art created on canvas. September 10, 2024. Afrika Abney
My resume does not encompass a variety of aspects that reflect my passions as a professional visual artist and art consultant. Certain topics hold little appeal for me in the context of my identity as an American, particularly the realm of politics. When I contemplate political matters, I am reminded of the somber hues available on my digital palette, which evoke a sense of heaviness and complexity that I prefer to avoid in my creative endeavors.
Each night, as I prepare for rest, I consciously choose to steer clear of political broadcasts and have largely distanced myself from television viewing in recent times. This decision stems from a desire to cultivate a more mindful lifestyle, which I have actively embraced since August 8, 2024. By prioritizing my mental well-being and focusing on my artistic pursuits.
This intentional separation from the political landscape allows me to channel my energy into my art and consultancy, fostering a more positive and inspiring environment. I believe that by focusing on my creative interests and the beauty of artistic expression, I can contribute more meaningfully to the world around me. In doing so, I aim to create a space where art transcends the often divisive nature of politics, allowing for a more harmonious dialogue through visual storytelling.