Skip to main content

Branding through art

Branding through art. Digital art created on canvas. August 30, 2024. Afrika Abney

What activities?

I am a dynamic professional visual artist and art consultant with a passion for merging art and branding to create impactful visual experiences. Currently, I am busy working on my branding blog that showcases my expertise in the field and provides valuable insights for my audience.

With over 30 years of experience as a professional visual artist and art consultant, I bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the table.

Popular posts from this blog

Dynamic Spectrum

Dynamic Spectrum. Digital art created on canvas. August 19, 2024. Afrika Abney As a passionate digital artist, I specialize in creating abstract paintings that showcase a dynamic range of colors and demonstrate my expertise in manipulating hues. My mission is to push the boundaries of traditional art by harnessing the power of digital tools to create visually stunning pieces that evoke emotion and captivate viewers. When I was a high school student from 1991 - 1993, I did not study digital art. I obtained my high school diploma from Bell Multicultural High School in 1993.

Layers of Tranquility

Layers of Tranquility. Digital art created on canvas. September 18, 2024. Afrika Abney   “Layers of Tranquility through the use of varying shades of blue, including light blue, sky blue, and navy blue. Each hue contributes to an overall sense of calmness, evoking feelings of serenity and peace. The lighter tones suggest a gentle, soothing atmosphere, while the deeper navy blue adds depth and richness, creating a balanced visual experience that invites contemplation.”

Vibrant Serenity: Yellow and Green

Vibrant Serenity: Yellow and Green. Digital art created on canvas. August 19, 2024. Afrika Abney In the process of developing my abstract digital painting titled Vibrant Serenity: Yellow and Green, I focused intently on the intricacies of brushwork and the harmonious blending of colors. Each stroke was meticulously considered, as I aimed to evoke a sense of tranquility and vibrancy through the interplay of yellow and green hues. The choice of colors was not arbitrary; rather, it was a deliberate decision to convey a deeper emotional resonance that reflects the essence of serenity. Ultimately, the message behind Vibrant Serenity: Yellow and Green transcends mere aesthetics; it is an invitation to reflect on the balance between energy and peace.This painting stands as a testament to the power of color and form in expressing complex emotions and ideas.

Spectrum of Tranquility

  Spectrum of Tranquility. Digital art created on canvas. August 30, 2024. Afrika Abney  “The concept of a spectrum of tranquility highlights the vital role that creating supportive environments and enriching experiences plays in enhancing our overall well-being. It encourages us to reflect on the spaces we inhabit and the activities we engage in, reminding us that our surroundings can significantly influence our mental and emotional health. By fostering a sense of peace and calm, we can better navigate the challenges of daily life and cultivate a more balanced existence.”

Energetic Color Canvas

  Energetic Color Canvas. Digital art created on canvas. September 8, 2024. Afrika Abney  "Energetic Color Canvas is a vibrant composition that showcases a dynamic interplay of hues, prominently featuring shades of orange, yellow, yellow-green, and blue. Each color is meticulously applied to create a sense of movement and vitality, inviting viewers to engage with the artwork on a deeper emotional level. The warm tones of orange and yellow evoke feelings of warmth and enthusiasm, while the cooler blue adds a refreshing contrast, balancing the overall energy of the piece.”

Sacred Spectrum

Sacred Spectrum. Digital art created on canvas. September 21, 2024. Afrika Abney “The concept of a sacred circle within the domain of abstract painting embodies a profound exploration of artistic expression and spiritual significance. This notion suggests a space where creativity transcends the ordinary. In this context, the sacred circle serves as a metaphorical boundary that encapsulates the essence of the creative process, allowing for a unique interplay between form, color, and emotion through red, white, purple, dark green, lavendar, and blue. The interplay of colors evokes a spectrum of emotions, each hue resonating with distinct feelings and associations. Red, often linked to passion and intensity.White, on the other hand, represents purity and peace, offering a sense of calm and clarity. Purple is frequently associated with creativity and spirituality, inviting introspection and deeper thought. Dark green conveys a sense of stability and growth, often linked to nature and renew...

Nurturing Hue

  Nurturing Hue. Digital art created on canvas. September 19, 2024. Afrika Abney 

Visual art and artistic process

  My visual art is crafted entirely on my computer, utilizing various digital software tools that allow for a wide range of creative expression. This modern approach enables me to explore different techniques and styles, pushing the boundaries of traditional art forms. The digital medium provides me with the flexibility to experiment and refine my work in ways that are both innovative and efficient.  Previously, my artistic process took place on the floor of my home, where I balanced both my workspace and creative endeavors. This intimate setting fostered a unique environment that encouraged spontaneity and inspiration.   Transitioning from a physical workspace to a digital platform has transformed my artistic practice, enabling me to create with greater precision and versatility. Selected Expertise & Skills: Proficient in various digital software tools for creating artwork Experienced in experimenting with different techniques and styles Skilled in utilizing th...

What's something you learned about yourself in the past year?

In the past year, I learned no matter how hard it is to find art buyers, to keep promoting my art and someday someone else will purchase my art. Persistence in the workplace is a critical skill. Quote found on the Internet “Persistence promotes consistency, a crucial trait for both personal and professional life, enriching our journey towards our goals. Despite unexpected obstacles, persistence enables us to persevere, presenting significant rewards and fueling our determination.” Dedicated and resilient artist with a passion for promoting and selling original artwork. Over the past year, I have learned the importance of persistence in finding art buyers and the value of continuous self-promotion. Successfully sold multiple pieces of artwork, including "Untitled" and "Tornado," through strategic marketing efforts and collaborations with Esther Productions, Inc. Committed to honing my craft and expanding my audience while maintaining an unwavering belief in the value...

ColorForm

ColorForm. Digital art created on canvas. August 22, 2024. Afrika Abney “I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way—things I had no words for.”- Georgia O'Keeffe “The realization dawned on me that through the use of color and form, I could express sentiments and ideas that eluded verbal articulation—concepts for which I lacked the appropriate vocabulary. This unique medium allowed me to convey emotions and thoughts that were otherwise inexpressible, revealing a deeper layer of communication that transcended traditional language. I discovered that the vibrant hues and distinct shapes in my artwork provided a means of expression that words alone could not capture. This visual language enabled me to articulate complex feelings and abstract notions, offering a profound connection to my inner experiences that remained inaccessible through conventional dialogue. It became evident to me that the interplay of colors and shapes served as a powerful co...